Gardening is wonderful for the soul, but it can be take a toll on the back. Yoga instructor Lili McCarthy - who has studied yoga for gardeners - will introduce techniques for keeping your back healthy as you dig into gardening.
- Discover how to strengthen the arms, legs and torso, as well as increase the flexibility needed for garden and farm work
- Learn ways to improve pelvic stability and abdominal strength to help protect the back for heavy lifting and common garden activities.
- Find out how to warm up key areas of the body to help prevent injuries
- Learn poses you can do right in the garden or field to bring immediate relief
- Explore ways to restore and rejuvenate the body and mind after a long day of work outdoors
Participants should wear comfortable clothing and bring exercise/yoga mats if they have them (the floor is carpeted).
This program is co-sponsored by the Santiam Food Alliance, the Lebanon Garden Club, and the Lebanon Public Library