Tax Information

Forms available at the library and Senior Center

Federal Forms

As of 2010, the IRS has announced that individual and business taxpayers will no longer receive paper income tax forms or instructions in the mail from the IRS.

There are several free options for getting federal forms and tax assistance:

  • Download Forms and Instructions online at

  • Visit a local IRS Taxpayer Assistant Center (TAC)a participating Library, or U.S. Post Office

  • IRS Free File provides options for free brand-name tax software or online fillable forms plus free electronic filing.

  • Use the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program. The VITA Program offers free tax help to low- to moderate-income (generally, $49,000 and below) people who cannot prepare their own tax returns.  Most locations also offer free electronic filing. To locate the nearest VITA site, call 1-800-906-9887

  • Tax Counseling for the Elderly is available for individuals age 60+. For more information on TCE, call 1-800-829-1040.  To locate the nearest AARP Tax-Aide site, call 1-888-227-7669 or visit AARP's website

Oregon Forms

The State  of Oregon is NOT sending booklets to libraries this year.  To have a tax booklet sent to you Call 1-800-356-4222 or go to

Print out personal forms online at

Or business forms at

Need help preparing your taxes?

Senior Center's tax help service

The Senior Center volunteer tax help service is available again this year. 

Seniors and low income residents can call the Senior Center to make a Wednesday or Thursday appointment at 541-258-4919

There is no cost, but donations are welcome. No itemization until March 1